The objectives of the Society shall be to enhance the advancement of the specialty of neurological surgery in America:
- by furnishing a forum for intimate exchange of ideas and information among a group of representative neurosurgeons;
- by fostering a personal acquaintanceship among its members to make free and confident exchange of information possible;
- by bringing young neurosurgeons of promise into a group where they can develop full expression of ideas before a cross section of American neurosurgery;
- by sponsoring international meetings on a personal plane of critical but sympathetic discussion of progress in neurological surgery on this continent and abroad through further dissemination of new information in the field of neurological surgery; and
- by maintaining in its membership roll a balance between academic and practicing neurosurgeons to promote harmonious balance between teaching of neurosurgery and its practice in American communities.